Deprecated: Function get_currentuserinfo is deprecated since version 4.5.0! Use wp_get_current_user() instead. in /home/revivegt/tastyrecipesonline.org/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5413
Paneer Do Pyaza is a very easy and delicious Punjubi Dish…Paneer Do Pyaza means Paneer (Indian cheese) curry with double quantity of onions.
- Paneer – 200 gms, cut into cubes
- Oil – 1tablespoon + 3 tablespoons
- Onions – 4 medium , 2 medium cut into big chunks and separated & 2 medium chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green cardamom – 2
- Bay leaf -1
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilli- 1 , chopped
- Tomatoes – 2 + 2 medium, 2 medium chopped & 2 medium pureed
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Water – ½ cup
- Fresh Cream – 1 tablespoon
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a normal or non-stick pan and shallow fry onion layers until light brown. Transfer them to a plate.
- Now heat remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in the same pan on medium heat. Once hot add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle. Add cardamoms and bay leafs and let it sauté for 30 seconds.
- Then add chopped onions and sauté until light brown.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste and then green chilli; sauté until the raw smell goes away .
- Then add chopped and pureed tomatoes. Mix well and saute until oil starts to separate
- Add salt and all the spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasuri methi).
- Mix well and cook till all the moisture is evaporated .
- Add paneer cubes, shallow fried onions
- Mix it very gently so that the paneer cubes do not break.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add fresh cream, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Transfer prepared sabzi to serving bowl and serve hot with roti , paratha or nan.